Mohala ~ Bloom!
COME PAINT WITH US IN HAWAII!
May 25 - June 5, 2024
A rich program that combines fine oil painting,
meditation and various tools for
authentic self-expression will support you in
fully coming home to yourself.
Surrounded by lush rainforests, spectacular mountains,
golden sand beaches and turquoise water,
you are inspired to explore your creative Self and truly shine from within.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Learn fine oil painting with the masterful guidance of a long-time experienced artist
- Enjoy guided meditation for deep relaxation, inspiration and rejuvenation
- Get energised in free dance, yoga and singing
- Be nourished in authentic sharing, group & partner exercises
- Receive personal guidance in the creation of your artwork
- Let your heart be filled with awe of Hawaii’s natural beauty
WHAT YOU GET IN THIS RETREAT
- Explore your Creative Self and Expand your Painting Skills
- Birth your own Unique Artwork
- Rediscover Inner Harmony: Break free from the stress of daily life, reconnect with your inner self and find inner peace
- Tranquil time-out in one of the world's most beautiful places with beautiful sand beaches and majestic volcanic mountains
- Elevate your state of being through meditation, authentic sharing, dance & yoga
- Harness the Power of Mind and Emotions: Access and activate your inner powers by visualizing techniques and mindful awareness training to create profound, lasting change in your life.
- Enjoy nourishing organic meals prepared with love
- Adventure and Exploration: Embark on exciting adventures to stunningly beautiful sites in Oahu, enjoying beach time and optional hikes to make your retreat truly unforgettable.
TAKE YOUR ART TO A HIGHER LEVEL
All levels - Beginners & advanced artists welcome!
Painting is at the heart of our activities during this retreat. You will be guided step by step to create your own unique artwork with oil paint, reflecting your vision and inner essence.
Two approaches of painting will be introduced:
You can explore the Mischtechnik and / or Indirect Oil Painting
Example of the Mischtechnik process, Vera Atlantia 2013
The Mischtechnik is a beautiful process of painting alternately with egg tempera and oil paint. White egg tempera is used to gradually build up tonal values. Then oil paint is applied in thin, semi-transparent glazes. The layers of egg tempera and oil glaze can be built on top of each other countless times, allowing for great dimensionality within the artwork. Beautiful effects of transparency, luminosity and detail can be achieved with this technique.
INDIRECT OIL PAINTING TECHNIQUE
Example of the direct oil painting approach,Vera Atlantia 2023
Also the faster technique of indirect oil painting will be shown and explained to participants. Typically, the artwork is started with a monochromatic underpainting and more colors are introduced subsequently.
Both techniques can be applied within the same artwork.
ALL LEVELS WELCOME!
Whether you are just beginning your painting journey or are already a seasoned artist, you will be guided and supported on your individual level.
WATCH THE VIDEO
To Get a Taste of the Exquisite Atmosphere At Our Retreats
For subtitles please click on the C (bottom right)
The Windward Retreat Center lies in Ka’a’awa, on the windward (eastern) side of Oahu, Hawaii, along the coast of the ocean. With lush landscapes and stunning mountain views, the area around the center has a tranquility and natural beauty that is breathtaking. One is surrounded by lush tropical vegetation, and the majestic Ko'olau Mountain Range that provides a dramatic backdrop.
The beaches in the area have golden sands, turquoise waters, and a more secluded atmosphere compared to some of the more popular/tourist beaches on the island. The Windward side is serene and peaceful, perfect to relax and recharge.
At the retreat center itself, the feeling is relaxing, with the sound of rustling palm leaves, and the songs of tropical birds creating a soothing ambiance. It is comfortable, clean and well maintained. There are quite often chickens roaming around, making for a rustic country feeling. The windward side has a magical and beautiful atmosphere to it, in which you can truly feel at home.
FOOD & LODGING
The Windward Retreat Center has six rooms for overnight stays, two with their own decks. The Center holds space for up to 14 guests.
All overnight guests will be treated to wonderful nights sleep. All beds are the finest quality hotel beds that are triple sheeted. TwinXLs, Queens, or King size beds can be configured to meet your individual needs. Fluffy spa towels, tropical scented soaps and shampoos are provided.
Healthy vegetarian & organic meals, with fresh local ingredients will be provided 3 times per day.
* The morning & evening program differs a little every day and may include activities such as sunrise yoga at the beach, meditation, movement, dance, authentic sharing or singing...
FREE TIME & DAY TRIPS
We are also planning a few day trips to explore Oahu's beauty.
One of them might take us to the stunning Byodo-In Temple. Located at the foot of the Ko'olau Mountains, the temple grounds are a lushly landscaped paradise - home to wild peacocks and hundreds of Japanese koi carp. The beautiful grounds include a large reflecting pond, meditation niches, and small waterfalls. Visitors describe this destination as beautiful, peaceful, and restful.
As another trip we might visit a beach on the north shore (about 45 minutes from the center on the coast) in which giant sea turtles come up to bask in the sunshine during the summer.
For the last day, we are planning a trip to the stunning Ho’omaluhia Botanical Gardens, a feast for the eyes and soul. It is on the way between the Retreat Center and Honolulu Airport - a practical option for all wishing to travel further to the airport afterwards.
Embark with us on a life-changing journey toward personal growth, self-discovery and a more creative & fulfilling life!
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE RETREAT
- 11-night Stay in the beautifully secluded Windward Retreat Center, Oahu Hawaii
- Healthy, wholesome Vegetarian Meals 3x daily
- 12+ Transformational Sessions of Meditation, Visualization & Awareness Training, Free Movement & Authentic Sharing
- 20 Art Classes with Presentations, Demonstrations and Individual Guidance
- Optional trip to the stunning Ho’omaluhia Botanical Gardens
- Optional trip to Byodo-In Temple
- Optional trip to the north shore for Giant Sea Turtle Sighting
$1460 - Without Accommodation: includes seminar, food & day trips
$1960 - Triple Room: includes seminar, food, day trips & accomodation
$2260 - Queen Bed with own deck (per person): includes seminar, food, day trips & accomodation
Early bird: save $100
Pay half the fee until February 24th, 2024 to receive your discount
Flight and transport to the center are not included and must be arranged by the participant.
The retreat center is about 45 minutes drive from the airport of Honolulu. You can either rent a car or take an Uber to Ka'a'awa. There is also a bus that runs there. You can let us know your arrival time and we will try to organize a shared arrival with groups of participants.
Upon registration, you will be sent a list of what materials to bring.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Vera Atlantia is a visionary artist, based in Austria. Since 2013, Vera has been teaching in Austria and all around the world. For several years, she had a teaching position at the unique Vienna Academy of Visionary Art, which combined the practice of painting with personal development, meditation and healing.
Her work has been exhibited in Austria, Belgium, Australia, Italy, France, Colombia, Hungary, England, Germany and Croatia.
Being trained as an art therapist and a meditation teacher, she also shares courses and private sessions for personal development, healing and self-realization.
One of Vera’s greatest joys is to help beings access their soul, to heal and to truly shine from within.
Currently Vera is working on art commissions & collaborations, teaching sacred art workshops and meditation internationally.
Check-In: May 25th, 2024, 3pm
Check-Out: June 5th, 2024, 11am + Optional Trip to Ho’omaluhia Botanical Gardens
For registrations and questions about the retreat, please write to: email@example.com
Places are limited to 10 participants.
We are looking forward to our magical time together!